Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
About Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre
Discovery Centre features
This bushland oasis in Brisbane’s backyard is perfect for families, friends and visitors to Brisbane. Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre is your gateway to Queensland’s diverse and beautiful national parks.
The centre is located on the edge of D’Aguilar National Park—a 36,400ha park with eucalypt forest and rainforest that stretches from The Gap to Lake Wivenhoe in the west, and Mount Mee in the north. No other capital city in Australia enjoys a park this large and this diverse, just 12km from the heart of the city.
Our Park Rangers are at the Information Centre ready to share their stories and help you discover all the special, nature-based experiences available to you. While you’re there, take advantage of the spectacular panoramic viewing experience at the Virtual Lookout viewing platform showcasing national parks all over Queensland.
Come face-to-face with some of Queensland’s most beautiful creatures in our Wildlife Discovery Show held every weekend.
Plan a family day out with a walk or cycle around Enoggera Reservoir, and cool off with a dip or a peaceful paddle around the water’s edge.
Bring a picnic or head to the Walkabout Creek Cafe for lunch. You can even plan your wedding or next conference at the Walkabout Creek Conference and Wedding Centre!
A QldParks-Wifi hotspot is also available at the Centre.
Download the Discovery Centre Guide (PDF, 1.4MB) to help you plan your day.
Function and Conference Centre
The Walkabout Creek Function and Conference Centre provides a unique and secluded setting for conferences, functions and weddings. Contact the Walkabout Creek Conference and Wedding Centre for more information.
New café deck – coming soon!
Get closer to nature on our new covered outdoor deck at the Walkabout Creek Café and Function centre.
- Expected completion late May 2020.
- During construction, the Café, deck area and Wildlife Centre will be temporarily closed.
- A mobile food service (café) is onsite at the loading bay in the entry carpark.
- The Information Centre remains open and the Wildlife Discovery Show will continue twice daily on weekends. Drop-in and have a chat with our knowledgeable Park Rangers.
- The Information Centre is open daily from 9.00am to 4.15pm (Closed Christmas Day and open from 1.30pm on ANZAC Day).
- The Enoggera Reservoir is open from 6am to 6pm daily. For more information, visit Seqwater.
Phone: (07) 3164 3600
To safeguard the health and wellbeing of our visitors, volunteers and staff, Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre is closed until further notice.