Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Endangered wet schlerophyll forest of rose gum, white stringybark, red stringybark, yellow messmate, pink bloodwood, turpentines, Bakers oak and stringybark pine provide habitat for vulnerable and near threatened species like the yellow-bellied glider, magnificent broodfrog and rufous owl.
The multi-tiered McKenzie Falls lie deep within the Millstream Valley near the centre of the state forest and forest reserve. The Millstream River meanders through the forest, tumbling gently over the granite walls of the falls.
- Firearms are not to be used in the state forest or forest reserve.
- Everything in the forest is protected—leave everything as you found it.
- Take your rubbish with you when you leave.
- Stay on walking tracks, as taking short cuts lead to erosion and adjacent areas may be unstable.
- Avoid driving on these roads during and after heavy rain. Driving on wet roads causes damage to the road surface.
- Stay on the existing roads. If an obstruction blocks your path, don’t drive into the roadside drain to pass it. Remove the obstruction, if possible and safe to do so, or return from the direction you came. Ensure that obstructions do not block roadside drains.
See the guidelines on caring for parks and forests for more information about protecting our environment and heritage in parks.
Tumoulin State Forest was first gazetted on 22 November 1941. Since then portions have been added and boundaries have been changed until the state forest reached 3120 ha. On 20 December 2010, 1877 ha of the forest were converted to forest reserve.
The Tumoulin State Forest and Tumoulin Forest Reserve are managed on a day-to-day basis by Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service.
Atherton Visitor Information Centre
Corner Silo Road and Main Street, Atherton QLD 4883
ph (07) 4091 4222
For tourism information for all regions in Queensland see Queensland Holidays.
The natural, cultural and historical significance of Tumoulin
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.