Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Log Dump camping area
Log Dump camping area features creek-side camping on the banks of Kauri Creek. A popular creek fishing spot.
- Conventional vehicle
- Trail bike
- Canoe or kayak
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Generators allowed (conditions apply)
- Anchoring allowed
- Mountain biking
- Scenic drive
- Trail bike riding
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Tent camping
- Caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Motor home camping
- Tent camping beside car
- Dogs permitted (on leash)
Camping area features: camping near the banks of Kauri Creek—a popular fishing spot. This is the only camping area in Tuan State Forest with a toilet. Boat ramp facilities are also available.
Location: on the edge of Kauri Creek, near the Great Sandy Strait.
Access: the camping area can be reached by boat or conventional vehicle in dry conditions. It is accessible for high clearance trailers, buses, motor homes and small caravans.
- Boat access: the camping area is accessible from the Great Sandy Strait and Kauri Creek. Consult boating safety charts to plan your route.
- Vehicle access: from the Cooloola Coast Road and Tinnanbar Road junction, travel 7km to the signed camping area turn-off and then another 1km to the camping area. Access roads within the park are unsealed. The condition of Tinnanbar Road varies.
Number of sites: open area without separately defined sites. Maximum group size is 15 people.
Camp sites are suitable for: tent camping beside your car; small caravans; camper trailers; motor homes. Sites are suitable for groups.
Camp site surface: sand and dirt.
Facilities: hybrid (flushing) toilets.
Open fires: permitted in designated fire rings only—prohibited during fire bans. Fuel stoves are recommended.
Generator use: allowed but you must be present at the camp site while the generator is running. Please be considerate to other campers when using your generator.
Essentials to bring: drinking water, rubbish bags, first-aid kit, insect repellent, fuel stove or clean milled firewood. Read more about before you visit.
Mobile phone coverage: intermittent at camping area. Available at main road turn-off.