Hedleys camping area
Hedleys camping area features a sheltered camping area on the edge of Great Sandy Strait.
- Trail bike
- Canoe or kayak
Camping area facilities
- Anchoring allowed
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Generators allowed (conditions apply)
- Tent camping
- Caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Campervan camping
- Motor home camping
- Tent camping beside car
- Mountain biking
- Scenic drive
- Trail bike riding
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Dogs permitted (on leash)
Camping area features: a sheltered camping area beside the Great Sandy Strait.
Location: on the edge of Kauri Creek, near the Great Sandy Strait.
Access: the camping area can be reached by boat or high clearance four-wheel-drive vehicle in dry conditions. It is accessible for high clearance trailers, buses, motor homes and small caravans.
- Boat access: the camping area is accessible from the Great Sandy Strait. The nearest boat ramps are located at Log Dump camping area, Tinnanbar and Tin Can Bay. Consult boating safety charts to access camping areas by boat.
- Vehicle access: from the Cooloola Coast Road and Tinnanbar Road junction, travel 11.7km of unsealed road to the signed camping area turn-off. The camping area is a further 2.2km along the road, or 3km along the private access road. Fees may apply for the access road through private property,
Number of sites: open area without separately defined sites. Maximum group size 30 people.
Camp sites are suitable for: tent camping beside your car, small caravans, camper trailers, motor homes and large groups.
Camp site surface: grass and sand.
Open fires: allowed in fire rings only (except when fire bans apply). Fuel stoves are recommended.
Generator use: allowed but you must be present at camp site while the generator is running. Please be considerate of other campers when using your generator.
Essentials to bring: drinking water, rubbish bags, first-aid kit, insect repellent, fuel stove or clean milled firewood, portable toilet. Read more about before you visit.
Bookings: book online or learn about our camping booking options.
Mobile phone coverage: poor. Available at main road turn-off.
Upcoming camping area availability
For more safety information see Visiting Tuan safely and camp with care.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.