Visiting Tregole safely
Tregole is located between Roma and Charleville, 11km south of Morven on the Morven-Bollon Road. The road between Morven and the park is sealed and narrow.
There are no wheelchair-accessible tracks or facilities in Tregole National Park.
For your safety ensure that you:
- Plan your trip carefully.
- Inform a reasonable person of your itinerary.
- Carry adequate supplies of food, water, fuel, vehicle spares and medical supplies.
- Always wear seat belts and look out for wildlife on the roads.
- Observe and comply with all regulatory and closure signs.
Please take care. Mobile phone coverage is unreliable.
For more information, please read the guidelines on safety in parks and forests.
In an emergency
In case of accident or other emergency:
- call Triple Zero (000)
- advise the location and nature of the emergency
- stay on the phone until you are told to hang up.
- The nearest hospital is located at Morven (11km from the national park).
Essentials to bring
- Bring at least seven litres of water per person per day for drinking.
- Carry enough food, water, fuel, vehicle spares for your trip.
- Pack a first-aid kit, sunscreen, insect repellent, sturdy shoes, hat and water bottle.
- Rubbish bins are not provided. Please bring rubbish bags and take all recyclables and rubbish with you when you leave.
- Bring clean milled firewood—such as untreated mill off cuts—if you are intending to have an open fire. It is illegal to collect wood from the national park.
- Bring you camera and binoculars for viewing wildlife.
Tregole National Park is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Domestic animals are not permitted in Tregole National Park.
Climate and weather
In summer, the average temperature is approximately 35oC, and the maximum temperature can reach over 40°C. Throughout the winter months, the average temperature is approximately 20oC and minimum temperatures can drop below 5oC.
The average annual rainfall is 465mm, with most of it falling over the summer months.
Traffic and road conditions
After heavy rain, roads may become impassable. Creeks are subject to flooding. Check with the Department of Transport and Main Roads (13 19 40) for local and main road conditions before setting out.
Fuel and supplies
Fuel and supplies are available in Morven, 11km from the national park. Alternatively, Charleville and Mitchell are 100km from the park.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.