Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
The parks and forests of the Atherton and Evelyn tablelands are a colourful mosaic of traditional connections, rich colonial history, changing vegetation types and unique and diverse animals. Walk, drive, swim, canoe and horse ride through this dynamic landscape, parts of which have been included in the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area. See links to each park page for more detailed information
National parks, state forests and other protected areas are scattered across the Atherton and Evelyn tablelands, west of Cairns. Access is via the Gillies or Kennedy highways from Cairns, the Palmerston Highway from Innisfail or the Mossman–Mount Molloy Road from Port Douglas.
- Conventional vehicle
- Barbecue (wood/fuel/coin)
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Caravan, camper trailer, campervan sites
- Scenic drive
- Trail bike riding
- World Heritage
- Crater Lakes National Park Visitor Facilities - What is closed? 15 May to 30 September 2020