The Settlement camping area
The Settlement camping area is the only camping area in Springbrook National Park.
- Conventional vehicle
- Trail bike
Camping area facilities
- Electric/fuel barbecue (free of charge)
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Toilets (non-flush)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Tent camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Tent camping beside car
- Short walk to tent
- Scenic drive
The Settlement camping area is the only camping area in Springbrook National Park. Travelling up from the Gold Coast, turn left off the Springbrook Road at the Springbrook Public Hall into Carricks Road and follow the signs. The camping area is on the right. All camp sites are well defined and suitable for tents, camper trailers and campervans.
The camping area is linked by a short walking track to the top of Purling Brook Falls. This walking track links up to the Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk.
Location: Carricks Road, Springbrook National Park.
Access: Conventional vehicle.
Maps: The Settlement camping area map
Number of sites: 11 well-defined sites.
Camp sites are suitable for: Tents, camper trailers and campervans. Each camp site has an area approximately 10m x 4.2m and an individual parking bay. Camp sites are not suitable for caravans.
Camp site surface: Soil and grassed areas with gravel parking bays.
Facilities: Toilets, drinking water and a cooking shelter with free electric barbecues. Please note: there are no showers or rubbish bins provided. Please take your rubbish home with you or use the community waste and recycling centre located on Carricks Road. A short walk from the camping area is The Settlement picnic area which has a large open recreation area, information shelter, picnic facilities and additional toilets.
Open fires: Prohibited. Fuel stoves recommended.
Generators: Not permitted.
Essentials: Read more about before you visit.
Mobile phone coverage: Moderate; coverage is generally available from lookouts where you can see the Gold Coast.
- Cascades Walking Track Timber Lookout closed - Mount Cougal Section 30 September to 14 October 2022
- Flood damage - Purling Brooks Falls and Warrie circuits, including 'Great Walk' 27 September to 10 October 2022
- Planned upgrade to the Natural Bridge visitor precinct 27 January 2021 to 31 October 2022
- If it's flooded, forget it - even on the our walking tracks. 23 September to 7 October 2022