Speewah (multi-use sites) camping area
Speewah camping area features an open grassy area fringed by rainforest trees, near the Speewah trailhead for the Barron Gorge National Park long-distance walking network.
- Conventional vehicle
Camping area facilities
- Electric/fuel barbecue (free of charge)
- Toilets (flush)
- Tent camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Campervan camping
- Cold showers
- Features: an open grassy area fringed by rainforest trees, near the Speewah trailhead for the Barron Gorge National Park long-distance walking network.
- Location: 5.2km along Stoney Creek Road from the Speewah turn-off on the Kennedy Highway.
- Access: the camping area can be reached by conventional vehicles. The entrance road into Speewah Conservation Park is not suitable for towing caravans.
- Number of sites: 3 numbered sites 7m x 11m that can accommodate two cars and trailers or tents and a maximum of 10 people per site.
- Camp sites are suitable for: tent camping beside your car, camper trailers and campervans.
- Camp site surface: grass.
- Facilities: picnic tables, gas barbecues, flushing toilets and cold showers (toilets and showers are wheelchair accessible).
- Open fires: allowed only in the fire pit in the communal tent area. Elsewhere, fuel stoves are recommended.
- Generators: not permitted.
- Essentials to bring: drinking water, fuel stove, first-aid kit, rubbish bags, insect repellent and a screened tent or mosquito net. Read more about before you visit.
- Bookings: book online or learn about our camping booking options.
- Mobile phone coverage: not available.