Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Break your journey between Toowoomba and Quilpie at Southwood. Have a bush picnic in the peaceful natural surroundings.
Help preserve this park’s natural and cultural values by following these few common sense rules:
- Leave everything as you find it. This includes plants, animals, rocks, ruins and artefacts.
- Firearms and other weapons must not be used in Southwood National Park.
- Bury toilet waste at least 15cm deep and 150m from any watercourse.
- Please remove your rubbish from the national park.
- Drive only on roads indicated on the park map and always wear seatbelts.
See the guidelines on caring for parks for more information about protecting our environment and heritage in parks.
The Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service manage Southwood National Park under the Nature Conservation Act 1992.
For information about activities, tours and accommodation in this region, contact: southernqueenslandcountry.com.au.
For tourism information for all regions in Queensland see the Queensland Holidays website.
Check with Department of Transport and Main Roads (13 19 40) for road conditions.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.