Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Visiting Southern Moreton Bay safely
The islands of Southern Moreton Bay Islands National Park start 40 km south of Brisbane, and lie between one and 10 km offshore from Redland Bay south to Coomera on the Gold Coast.
The islands are accessible only by private boat and watercraft. Boat ramps are located in coastal towns neighbouring the islands. There are no public moorings adjacent to any of the national park islands. See boating and fishing information for further details.
Access to the islands is subject to weather and sea conditions. Weather forecasts are available from the Bureau of Meteorology.
- Southern Moreton Bay Islands National Park locality map
- Southern Moreton Bay Islands National Park map
- Moreton Bay Marine Park maps and resources
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities or tracks in Southern Moreton Bay Islands National Park.
When visiting the islands:
- check tide times and weather forecasts, available from the Bureau of Meteorology
- know the risks, know your equipment, know your responsibilities and know your boat
- seek local advice about strong currents and tidal influences.
For more information, please read the guidelines on safety in parks and forests.
Essentials to bring
Preparation is the key to a safe and enjoyable visit. Make sure that you bring:
- Moreton Bay Marine Park User Guide
- Moreton Bay Marine Park zone map
- Moreton Bay tide chart
- navigational chart
- first-aid kit
- sufficient fuel
- drinking water—fresh water is not available at any of the islands
- insect repellent
- sun protection
- rubbish bags.
The park is open 24 hours a day.
Domestic animals are prohibited in the national park.
Climate and weather
Southern Moreton Bay Islands National Park has a mild, subtropical climate. The average daily temperature range is 22–30 °C in summer and 12–22 °C in winter. Weather forecasts are available from the Bureau of Meteorology.
Fuel and supplies
Fuel and supplies are available in coastal towns from Redland Bay to the Gold Coast. For more information see the tourism information links.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.