Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Visiting Samford safely
- D'Aguilar National Park locality map (showing Samford Regional Park)
- Samford Conservation Park locality map
Samford Conservation Park is located 20km north-west of Brisbane’s CBD, off Samford Road.
The Ironbark Gully picnic area is wheelchair accessible.
- For your safety stay on existing tracks and roads.
- Ensure you have drinking water, sturdy footwear and sun protection.
- Plan to complete your walk and/or ride well before dark.
- Reduce theft by removing valuables from your vehicle and taking them with you.
- Take care near fire. Supervise children and always extinguish with water, not sand or dirt.
- Wear sunscreen, a hat and long-sleeved shirt, even on cloudy days.
- Wear protective clothing and insect repellent to help prevent tick and other insect bites or stings.
- Detour around snakes, never provoke them.
In an emergency
In case of an accident or other emergency please:
- Call Triple Zero (000).
- Call 106 for a text-only message for deaf or speech or hearing impaired callers.
- Advise emergency services of your location and the nature of your emergency, and stay on the phone until you are told to hang up.
For more information, read the guidelines on safety in parks and forests.
Essentials to bring
- Wear sturdy shoes and take drinking water when walking.
- There are no bins provided, so please take rubbish bags with you and ensure all rubbish is removed from the park.
- Wear protective clothing, a hat, sunscreen and insect repellent for protection from the sun and biting insects.
- Pick up after your dog—bring disposable bags to collect your dog's droppings.
Samford Conservation Park is open 24 hours. For your safety, walk and ride in daylight hours only. Remember, camping is not permitted in the park.
Dogs are allowed in Samford Conservation Park but must be on a leash at all times. Dogs and horses are not permitted on designated walking tracks or mountain bike only trails.
Dogs and horses are not allowed in picnic areas.
Climate and weather
Samford Conservation Park enjoys a mild, subtropical climate. The average daily temperature range in Brisbane is 22–30 °C in summer and 12–22 °C in winter. For more information see the tourism information links.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.