Camping in Russell River
Changes to camping bookings
On-site self-registration is no longer available. Campers must obtain an e-camping permit and pay their camping fees before arriving at the camping area. Book your camping area:
- at an over-the-counter booking office
- by telephoning 13 QGOV (13 74 68). Mobile phone charges may apply.
Relax and enjoy the unspoilt surroundings of Graham Range camping area. Five individual camp sites are located next to the beach. Look for the spectacled flying-foxes that roost nearby or go fishing at the mouth of Bluemetal Creek.
Camping permits are required and fees apply. A tag with your booking number must be displayed at your camp site.
- This is an e-permit camping area—all camping must be booked in advance; self-registration is no longer available. Camping is only permitted in the numbered camp site(s) you have booked.
- Take rubbish (including food scraps) home with you.
- Always bury human waste at least 15cm deep and well away from camps, tracks and watercourses.
Read more about staying safe and looking after the park.
Graham Range camping area is located next to the beach and surrounded by areas of paperbark and mangrove forests—be crocwise in croc country.
- Tent camping
- No caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Campfires allowed
- No toilets
- No showers
- No barbecue
- No picnic tables
- No wheelchair access
- Generators allowed (conditions apply)
- No dogs permitted
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.