Camping in Porcupine Gorge
Pyramid camping area has 22 sites and basic facilities. Some camp sites have wheelchair-accessible picnic tables, and fire rings refer to Pyramid camping area map .
Camping permits are required and fees apply. A camping tag with your booking number must be displayed at your camp site.
- Camp fires are only permitted in the steel fire rings (fireplace) provided at campsites, except when fire prohibitions or fire bans are in place. Penalties apply for lighting a fire in a place other than the fireplace provided and leaving a fire unattended. Bring your own clean pest free firewood such as untreated, mill off-cuts—collecting firewood from the national park is prohibited.
- All bookings for camp sites must be made online prior to visiting the park, and well in advance during peak season (April to October).
- Empty chemical toilets at approved dump points , not in the national park toilets.
- The access road may be temporarily closed after storms and inaccessible to conventional vehicles.
Pyramid camping area is situated in the upper level of the Porcupine Gorge.
- Tent camping
- Caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Campfires allowed
- No showers
- No barbecue
- Picnic tables
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- No generators allowed
- No dogs permitted