Visiting Poona safely
Poona National Park is 6km south-east of Maryborough on the northern side of the Maryborough-Cooloola and Boonooroo Road. Access is possible by four-wheel-drive vehicle, boat or walking. The roads inside the park are not signposted and are not recommended in wet weather as they become boggy.
For your safety:
- Stay on the park management track network. It is easy to become disoriented walking through the dense, taller sections of wallum.
- Carry plenty of water and a mobile phone.
- Read more about staying safe in parks.
In an emergency
In case of accident, other emergency or for reporting a bushfire or acts of arson, please:
- Call Triple Zero (000).
- Advise the location and nature of the emergency.
- Stay on the phone until you are told to hang up.
The closest hospital is in Maryborough.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.