Visiting Pine Ridge safely
Getting there and getting around
- Google maps park entrance location
- Pine Ridge Conservation Park map
- Gold Coast and hinterland parks locality map
Pine Ridge Conservation Park is on the Gold Coast in Runaway Bay, 14km north of Surfers Paradise.
Access to the car park and day-use area is via Oxley Drive.
Be prepared, even on short walks, and judge your ability and conditions carefully before setting out.
To enjoy a safe visit to this area, please:
- Wear enclosed shoes that are suitable for walking on sandy tracks. There are some sections of very soft sandy track.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Wear sunscreen, a hat and long-sleeved shirt, even on cloudy days.
- Carry drinking water—water from swamp areas is not suitable for drinking as it may contain organisms that can cause illness.
- Snakes generally retreat when encountered. If they feel threatened, they can become defensive. If you come across a snake, back away to a safe distance and allow the snake to move away. Know what to do if you get bitten by a snake and seek medical attention immediately.
- Avoid bites, stings and scratches. Wear protective clothing and insect repellent to help prevent tick and other insect bites or stings, and scratches.
For more information, please read the guidelines on safety in parks and forests.
Before you visit
Essentials to bring
- Hat, sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Rubbish bags—take all rubbish away for appropriate disposal.
Pine Ridge Conservation Park is open 24 hours a day. For your safety, complete your park activities in daylight hours.
Permits and fees
A permit is not required to visit Pine Ridge Conservation Park. Permits are required for commercial activities or organised events within the park.
Domestic animals are not permitted in Pine Ridge Conservation Park.
Climate and weather
During the summer months temperatures can reach 35°C, with February being the wettest month. Winter days are usually pleasant with temperatures reaching 22°C.
Weather forecasts are available from the Bureau of Meteorology.
Fuel and supplies
The nearest fuel and supplies are available at Runaway Bay.
For more information see the tourism information links.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.