Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Visiting Parklands safely
- Sunshine Coast locality map
- Parklands Conservation Park shared trails and mountain-bike trails map
- Parklands mountain-bike trails sign map
Access the main entrance at Radar Hill by taking the Parklands exit off the Bruce Highway about 4km north of Nambour or 5km south of Yandina.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities in the park.
- Plan ahead—let a responsible person know of your itinerary, and emergency plan if things go wrong.
- Carry enough drinking water, a snack and mobile phone.
- Obey all safety and warning signs.
- Do not walk or ride alone.
- Explore in daylight hours only.
- Wear adequate sun and insect protection.
- Never enter the park if you see smoke in the forest; bushfires can spread quickly.
- Always wear a helmet and appropriate safety gear.
- Only ride on trails that suit your riding abilities. Pay attention to trail grades and safety signs.
- Ride according to trail conditions.
- Watch out for other trail users, fallen trees and wildlife.
- Slow down and warn other riders when approaching.
- Avoid skidding and sliding around turns and downhill to prevent collisions.
For more information, please read the guidelines on safety in parks and forests.
Essentials to bring
- Bring adequate drinking water, a first-aid kit, insect repellent and a mobile phone.
- Wear suitable shoes, sunscreen, a hat and long-sleeved shirt.
- Cyclists and horseriders should wear a helmet.
- Bring a camera and binoculars for viewing wildlife.
- Mountain bikers should carry a basic repairs kit.
For your safety, visit Parklands Conservation Park in daylight hours only.
Domestic animals are not permitted in this park with the exception of horses that are permitted on recreational trails as indicated on the park map .
Climate and weather
The average daily temperature range is 18–28°C in summer and 11–20°C in winter. In summer temperatures can exceed 30°C.
Fuel and supplies
The nearest fuel and supplies are available in Nambour, a short drive from the park.
For more information see the tourism information links.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.