Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Rising high above the coastal plains, cloaked in tropical rainforest and dissected by numerous streams, Mount Spec is the southernmost national park section in the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area.
71km north of Townsville and 46km south of Ingham
The Traditional Owners of Paluma Range National Park are the Nywaigi Aboriginal people. They welcome you to their country and ask that you respect and enjoy this place. The traditional name for the Paluma Range is Munan Gumburu, which means ‘misty mountain’, an apt description as morning mists are common.
- Barbecue (wood/fuel/coin)
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Tent camping
- Caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Motor home camping
- World Heritage
Highlights and announcements
- Extended weekend road closure: Mount Spec Road, Paluma Range National Park 27–30 November 2020