Formerly known as Mungkan Kandju National Park, this large park stretches from the McIlwraith Range foothills, between the Archer and Coen rivers, and features open eucalypt woodlands, melaleuca swamps and a variety of rainforest types.
In central Cape York Peninsula, about 25km north of Coen and 12hrs drive north of Cairns.
The Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Oyala Thumotang National Park (Cape York Peninsula Aboriginal Land (CYPAL)) are the Wik Mungkan, Southern Kaanju and Ayapathu Aboriginal peoples. They welcome you to their land and ask that you respect their culture and country during your visit.
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Generators allowed (conditions apply)
- Tent camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Trail bike riding
- Camping bookings
All camping in this park must be booked prior to arrival. To find out more about purchasing an e-permit, see camping information.
- Feral animal control program involving aerial shooting of feral animals: Oyala Thumotang National Park (CYPAL) 15–19 November 2021
- Temporary closure: Horsetailers camping area, Oyala Thumotang National Park (CYPAL) 26 August to 30 November 2021
- Pest control program: Oyala Thumotang National Park (CYPAL) 20 August to 30 November 2021