Blaksley camping area
Escape the crowds at this secluded camping area with great views over the bay islands and Moreton Bay Marine Park, and accessible only by boat or kayak.
- Canoe or kayak
Camping area facilities
- Anchoring allowed
- Wood-fired barbecue (BYO wood)
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Tent camping
- Short walk to tent
- Snorkelling and diving
- Canoeing and kayaking
Getting there and getting around
Blaksley camping area is located in Naree Budjong Djara National Park on Minjerribah (North Stradbroke Island). The camping area is on the western side of the island and can only be accessed by boat or kayak. The closest boat ramp is on the mainland at Victoria Point.
- When boating over seagrass beds in Moreton Bay Marine Park, do your best to minimise impacts on dugongs. Take it easy and observe the go slow areas .
- Read boat and fish with care for tips on boating and fishing safety and caring for parks.
Before you visit
Blaksley camping area is open 24 hours a day. Check-in to your camp after 2pm and check-out by 11am on the day of departure.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
Map: Blaksley camping area map
Camping area features: this small, low-key camping area is only accessible by boat or kayak.
Location: on the western side of the island overlooking Moreton Bay Marine Park and the islands in the bay.
Access: the camping area can be reached by boat or kayak only. Do not tie ropes around trees when securing your boat. Kayaks should be lifted over the sand bank to prevent erosion.
Number of sites: 10 sites.
Camp sites are suitable for: tent camping of up to a maximum of six people per site.
Camp site surface: sand, dirt, and grass.
Open fires: allowed in QPWS provided fire rings only (except when fire bans or prohibitions apply) but fuel stoves recommended.
Generators: not permitted.
Essentials to bring: water for drinking and cooking; portable toilet, gas stoves (preferable) or firewood (such as untreated mill off-cuts not bush wood); rubbish bags; insect repellent. Read more about before you visit.
Bookings: book online or learn about our camping booking options.
Mobile phone coverage: poor.
Upcoming camping area availability
For more safety information see Visiting Naree Budjong Djara safely and camp with care.
- Blaksley camping area temporarily closed for prescribed burn 29 May to 12 June 2023
- Feral animal control planned on Minjerribah (North Stradbroke Island) 26 May to 9 September 2023
- Planned burn operations for Moreton Bay 17 March to 1 September 2023