Camping in Naree Budjong Djara
Naree Budjong Djara National Park provides a remote camping retreat on the western side of the island. Blaksley camping area is a secluded coastal bayside camping area accessible by boat or kayak only. At night, get cosy by the camp fire and be lulled to sleep by the sounds of water lapping.
Facilities are limited. You need to be self-sufficient and bring your own drinking water, portable toilet and clean milled firewood to use in QPWS provided fire rings.
Camping permits are required and fees apply. All camping permits must be obtained before you arrive on the island (there is no self-registration on site). A camping tag with your booking number must be displayed at your campsite at all times.
- Domestic animals including dogs are prohibited.
- Camping is only permitted in the designated camping area marked with a camping totem. Camping is not permitted on the beach.
- Portable toilets are required. All toilet waste must be removed from the island and emptied into an approved portable toilet waste disposal facility.
- Removal of vegetation and clearing new sites is prohibited—fines apply.
In the nearby Minjerribah Recreation Area there are a range of other camping options. For recreation area camping and vehicle access permit bookings and enquiries contact Minjerribah Camping by phone (07) 3409 9668 or visit the Minjerribah Camping website.
Refer to the map of the Minjerribah Recreation Area .
- You must book your camp site before your visit.
- Campers must vacate sites by 11am on day of departure. Campers may access their sites after 2pm on day of arrival.
- To protect fragile areas, camping is only permitted in designated camp sites. Camping is not permitted on the beach foredunes or on nearby islands within the marine park.
- Please camp within the open spaces provided—do not push into vegetated areas or clear new areas for camping.
- Domestic animals are not permitted in the national park.
- Take all your rubbish home with you. No rubbish bins are provided in the national park.
- Generators are not permitted anywhere in the national park.
- Please bring a portable toilet to reduce bush toileting. Bag all personal hygiene products including disposable nappies for appropriate disposal.
- Water is not provided at Blaksley camping area—bring your own drinking water.
- Preferably bring a fuel stove. Fires are not permitted on the beach. Bring your own clean, milled firewood as it is illegal to collect firewood in the national park.
Read more about staying safe and looking after the park.
Escape the crowds at this secluded camping area with great views over the bay islands and Moreton Bay Marine Park, and accessible only by boat or kayak.
- Tent camping
- No caravan camping
- No camper trailer camping
- Campfires allowed
- No toilets
- No showers
- Barbecue (wood/fuel/coin)
- No picnic tables
- No wheelchair access
- No generators allowed
- No dogs permitted
- Blaksley camping area temporarily closed for prescribed burn 29 May to 12 June 2023
- Feral animal control planned on Minjerribah (North Stradbroke Island) 26 May to 9 September 2023
- Planned burn operations for Moreton Bay 17 March to 1 September 2023