Park is closed
Rugged mountain peaks rise above the surrounding landscape in this wild, beautiful Gondwana Rainforests of Australia World Heritage Area that is home to many rare animals, plant species and communities.
About 120km south-west of Brisbane via the Mount Lindesay Highway.
- Information shelter
- Parking area
- Tent camping
- Rock climbing
- World Heritage
- Photo credit: © Ben Blanche
- Photo credit: © Steve Browne, Queensland Government
- Photo credit: © Gareth McGuigan
Highlights and announcements
There is no easy way to climb Mount Barney and preparation is the key to a safe and enjoyable visit. The safety video only takes 4.5 minutes to watch but it could save you from being caught out overnight or being rescued.
- Temporary closure – Mount Barney National Park 12–19 May 2022
- Periodic Planned Burn closures-Mt Maroon section of Mt Barney National Park 11 April to 30 June 2022