Moreton Bay Marine Park Zoning Plan
The current zoning plan for Moreton Bay Marine Park commenced on 1 March 2009 and continues on in effect as the Marine Parks (Moreton Bay) Zoning Plan 2019, which commenced on 1 September 2019. The Zoning Plan was remade in 2019 with no changes to the location of zones and designated areas. You may still make use of the resources available below, as they remain applicable. While they refer to the 2008 Zoning Plan, a process is underway to update references to the 2019 Zoning Plan. Find out more about the zoning plan remake and review process.
A user guide is available that has been designed specifically for marine park users.
About the zoning plan
- Moreton Bay Marine Park Zoning Coordinates 2008
(Please note these coordinates remain the same under the Marine Parks (Moreton Bay) Zoning Plan 2019)
- Moreton Bay Marine Park User Guide Maps
- Zoning plan maps
- Zone boundary descriptions
- Designated area boundary descriptions
- Download the Marine Parks (Moreton Bay) Zoning Plan 2019
- Read about the science behind the plan
- Read about the monitoring program
- Learn about Moreton Bay Marine Park
- Final Public Benefit Test report for the Marine Parks (Moreton Bay) Zoning Plan 2008
Frequently asked questions, including:
- Navigating zones
- What is one hook?
- Two lines and two hooks
- Fishing equipment allowed
- More than two rods in yellow zone
- Depth contours
- Reporting illegal activities
The fishing rules are available from the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries.
View video of Moreton Bay Marine Park
† Requires an appropriate media player