Visiting Minerva Hills safely
Minerva Hills National Park is located outside of Springsure. Travel 4km west of Springsure on Tambo Road then turn right into Dendle Drive. Follow this short scenic drive north for 3km to the park boundary. This unsealed road provides conventional access in dry weather but is unsuitable for caravans.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities in Minerva Hills National Park.
Be well prepared and responsible for your own safety—even on a short stroll.
- Walk with care and beware of loose rocks, which can be extremely slippery.
- Never walk alone. Tell friends or family where you are going and when you expect to return.
- Keep to marked tracks. Stay behind safety barriers and make sure children do not run ahead.
- Carry extra food and drinking water in case your walk takes longer than expected.
- Carry a first-aid kit and know how to use it.
- When driving be aware of other vehicles, especially on blind corners. Drive slowly to avoid locking your brakes and losing control.
- Carry a mobile phone and call Triple Zero (000) in an emergency (try dialling 112 if this fails). Coverage is average.
- Avoid bites, stings and scratches. Wear protective clothing and insect repellent to protect yourself from stings, scratches and insect bites.
For more information, please read the guidelines on safety in parks and forests.
Essentials to bring
- Sufficient food and water.
- First-aid kit—and know how to use it.
- Sturdy footwear.
- Sun protection—wear a hat, shirt and sunscreen, even on overcast days, to avoid sunburn.
- Secure containers to store food and rubbish—bins are not provided. Please ensure food and rubbish is inaccessible to wildlife.
- Firewood—bring only clean milled timber for use as firewood. Fires are allowed in designated areas but collecting firewood is not permitted.
Permits and fees
Commercial photography permits may be required if you intend to sell any photographs taken of Queensland’s parks and forests. Organised event permits may be required for organised group activities that may interfere with general public use. Contact us further information.
Domestic animals are not permitted in Minerva Hills National Park.
Climate and weather
Temperatures in this region vary widely. Summer days can exceed 35°C. In winter, heavy frosts can be expected as temperatures sometimes fall below freezing. Rain mostly falls between December and March; storms can occur during this period.
- For more information, see the tourism information links.
- Weather forecasts are available from the Bureau of Meteorology.
Fuel and supplies
Fuel and supplies are available at Springsure. For more information, see the tourism information links.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.