Visiting Millstream Falls safely
Getting there and getting around
Ravenshoe is 147km from Cairns via the Gillies Highway. Big Millstream Falls is 3.5km south-west of Ravenshoe on the Kennedy Highway. Turn left into the signposted entrance and follow the 1km road to the picnic area. Parking is available for long vehicles.
Little Millstream Falls is accessed by a separate route. From Ravenshoe, travel along Tully Falls Road for 3km and then turn right into Wooroora Road. Follow this for 1.5km to the turn-off to the car park.
The toilet at Big Millstream Falls is wheelchair-accessible with assistance.
- Wear appropriate safety gear and be realistic about your riding and driving abilities. Ride and drive to the conditions.
- Beware of other road users. Vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians use the roads in this park.
- Obey speed limits and safety and advisory signs.
- Let a responsible person know your travel plans and when you expect to return.
- Treat all water before drinking.
- Always carry water, wear a hat and sturdy footwear, and try to walk in the cooler part of the day.
- Stay on the track and take care on uneven surfaces, especially in wet conditions.
For more information, please read the guidelines on safety in parks and forests.
Before you visit
Essentials to bring
To enjoy your time at Millstream Falls National Park remember to bring:
- sunscreen, a hat and a long-sleeved shirt.
Millstream Falls National Park is open 24 hours a day. Parts of the park are occasionally closed for seasonal, planned burns. See park alerts for up-to-date information.
Permits and fees
Special permits are required for commercial or organised group activities. View permits and fees for further information.
Domestic animals are not permitted in Millstream Falls National Park.
Climate and weather
The lower humidity and daytime temperatures at Millstream Falls National Park are a pleasant escape from the coastal extremes. Maximum summer temperatures are around 29°C while winter temperatures can fall below 10°C, when frosts are not uncommon. Most of the rain falls during the wet season, between November and March. For more information, see the tourism information links.
Fuel and supplies
Fuel and supplies are available from Ravenshoe. For more information, see the tourism information links.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.