K'gari (Fraser Island) World Heritage Area Indigenous Advisory Committee (KWHAIAC)
The Indigenous Advisory Committee (IAC) provides advice to the K'gari (Fraser Island) World Heritage Area Management Committee on matters relating to the protection, conservation, presentation and management of the K'gari (Fraser Island) World Heritage Area. It also protects the rights and interests of Butchulla people, including participation in planning and management for the K'gari (Fraser Island) World Heritage Area, with negotiated outcomes that benefit Butchulla people.
Each family group within the Butchulla nation is invited to nominate one representative. Family groups recognised include Wondunna, Aldridge, Gala, Sandy Cape (Doolan), Owens, Gundy, Pickles and Broome. Committee positions are held for a period of three years.
- Park Alert-Tukkee Wurro (Indian Head) walking track temporary closure 14 June 2021 to 1 January 2023
- Park Alert Northern Forests Walking Track 14 October 2021 to 31 July 2022
- Park Alert - Prescribed Burn Orchid Beach Service Station and Airstrip Blocks 14–30 June 2022
- Smoke Alert - Orchid Beach Service Station and Airstrip Blocks 14 June to 6 July 2022
- SMOKE ALERT -WADDY POINT CAMPGROUND 2–30 June 2022
- Smoke Alert 3–30 June 2022
- Park Alert Prescribed Burn Waddy Point Campground 4–30 June 2022
- Prescribed Burn - Dundubara Campground 20 April to 30 June 2022
- Dingo (Wongari) Seasonal Information - Breeding Season 1 June to 31 August 2022
- K'gari Planned Burn Season 2022 1 March to 31 August 2022
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 21 Jun 2022
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.