Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Fraser Island World Heritage Area Indigenous Advisory Committee (FIWHAIAC)
The Indigenous Advisory Committee (IAC) provides advice to the Fraser Island World Heritage Area Management Committee on matters relating to the protection, conservation, presentation and management of the Fraser Island World Heritage Area. It also protects the rights and interests of Butchulla people, including participation in planning and management for the Fraser Island World Heritage Area, with negotiated outcomes that benefit Butchulla people.
Each family group within the Butchulla nation is invited to nominate one representative. Family groups recognised include Wondunna, Aldridge, Gala, Sandy Cape (Doolan), Owens, Gundy, Pickles and Broome. Committee positions are held for a period of three years.
- Ngkala Rocks impassable - Beach Camping Zone 9 (Diray, Carree) closure 17 December 2020 to 31 March 2021
- Temporary closure of Beach camping zones 4 (Guluri, Eli) and 5 (Maheno, Wahba) due to increased wongari (dingo) activity 10 September 2020 to 16 June 2021
- Ngkala Rocks impassable 15 December 2020 to 31 March 2021
- Park Alert - K'gari (Fraser Island) Planned Building Maintenance 13 January to 17 February 2021
- Dingo (Wongari) Seasonal Information - Summer Season 1 December 2020 to 4 March 2021
- Warning - Marine stingers K'gari (Fraser Island) Great Sandy National Park 01 November to 31 May 1 November 2020 to 31 May 2021
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 25 Jan 2021
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.