K'gari (Fraser Island) World Heritage Area Indigenous Advisory Committee (KWHAIAC)
The Indigenous Advisory Committee (IAC) provides advice to the K'gari (Fraser Island) World Heritage Area Management Committee on matters relating to the protection, conservation, presentation and management of the K'gari (Fraser Island) World Heritage Area. It also protects the rights and interests of Butchulla people, including participation in planning and management for the K'gari (Fraser Island) World Heritage Area, with negotiated outcomes that benefit Butchulla people.
Each family group within the Butchulla nation is invited to nominate one representative. Family groups recognised include Wondunna, Aldridge, Gala, Sandy Cape (Doolan), Owens, Gundy, Pickles and Broome. Committee positions are held for a period of three years.
- Valley of the Giants Circuit Closure 20 January to 1 March 2022
- Happy Valley Northern Road Intersection Road Closure 14 January to 15 February 2022
- Park Alert-Tukkee Wurro (Indian Head) walking track temporary closure 14 June 2021 to 1 April 2022
- Park Alert Northern Forests Walking Track 14 October 2021 to 31 January 2022
- Dingo (Wongari) Seasonal Information - Summer Season 1 December 2021 to 28 February 2022
- Hygiene protocols for K’gari (Fraser Island) 2 December 2021 to 31 January 2022
- K'gari (Fraser Island) Great Walk - advanced booking restriction 1 November 2021 to 28 February 2022
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 21 Jan 2022
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.