Fraser Island World Heritage Area Indigenous Advisory Committee (FIWHAIAC)
The Indigenous Advisory Committee (IAC) provides advice to the Fraser Island World Heritage Area Management Committee on matters relating to the protection, conservation, presentation and management of the Fraser Island World Heritage Area. It also protects the rights and interests of Butchulla people, including participation in planning and management for the Fraser Island World Heritage Area, with negotiated outcomes that benefit Butchulla people.
Each family group within the Butchulla nation is invited to nominate one representative. Family groups recognised include Wondunna, Aldridge, Gala, Sandy Cape (Doolan), Owens, Gundy, Pickles and Broome. Committee positions are held for a period of three years.
- Park Alert - Detour Northern Scenic Road partial closure 22 June to 22 December 2021
- Park Alert-Tukkee Wurro (Indian Head) walking track temporary closure 14 June to 31 December 2021
- Planned Burns - Kingfisher South East and Boorangoora (Lake McKenzie), K'gari (Fraser Island). 25–29 July 2021
- Partial opening - K'gari (Fraser Island) Great Walk 18 May to 31 July 2021
- Dingo (Wongari) Seasonal Information 1 June to 31 August 2021
- Smoke Alert - K'gari (Fraser Island) 19 April to 31 August 2021
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 23 Jul 2021
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.