K'gari (Fraser Island) World Heritage Area Indigenous Advisory Committee (KWHAIAC)
The Indigenous Advisory Committee (IAC) provides advice to the K'gari (Fraser Island) World Heritage Area Management Committee on matters relating to the protection, conservation, presentation and management of the K'gari (Fraser Island) World Heritage Area. It also protects the rights and interests of Butchulla people, including participation in planning and management for the K'gari (Fraser Island) World Heritage Area, with negotiated outcomes that benefit Butchulla people.
Each family group within the Butchulla nation is invited to nominate one representative. Family groups recognised include Wondunna, Aldridge, Gala, Sandy Cape (Doolan), Owens, Gundy, Pickles and Broome. Committee positions are held for a period of three years.
- Northern Forests walking track closed 14 October 2021 to 30 January 2023
- Park Alert-Tukkee Wurro (Indian Head) walking track temporary closure 14 June 2021 to 1 January 2023
- K'gari (Fraser Island) Great Walk - advanced booking restriction 28 November 2022 to 28 February 2023
- Cornwells Road, No Heavy Traffic 31 August 2022 to 6 December 2023
- Christmas holiday period - very large high tides 9–29 December 2022
- Orchid Beach Wongari (dingo) fence construction 1 December 2022 to 31 January 2023
- Dingo (Wongari) Seasonal Information - Summer Season 1 December 2022 to 28 February 2023
- Marine Stingers 15 November 2022 to 31 May 2023
- Marine turtles breeding season 1 November 2022 to 30 April 2023
- Information Centre opening hours 20 September 2022 to 20 March 2023
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 6 Dec 2022
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.