Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Fraser Island World Heritage Area Indigenous Advisory Committee (FIWHAIAC)
The Indigenous Advisory Committee (IAC) provides advice to the Fraser Island World Heritage Area Management Committee on matters relating to the protection, conservation, presentation and management of the Fraser Island World Heritage Area. It also protects the rights and interests of Butchulla people, including participation in planning and management for the Fraser Island World Heritage Area, with negotiated outcomes that benefit Butchulla people.
Each family group within the Butchulla nation is invited to nominate one representative. Family groups recognised include Wondunna, Aldridge, Gala, Sandy Cape (Doolan), Owens, Gundy, Pickles and Broome. Committee positions are held for a period of three years.
- Wildfire Alert - Wathumba, Bowal and Awinya camping areas 18 October to 18 November 2020
- Wildfire Alert - Zone 8 Duling and Ocean Lake - Closed 15–29 October 2020
- Lake Wabby scenic drive impassable to Pile Valley road 10 June 2020 to 1 January 2021
- Lake Garawongera scenic drive impassable to Poyungan road 10 June 2020 to 1 January 2021
- Temporary closure of Beach camping zone 4 (Guluri, Eli) and 5 (Maheno, Wahba) due to increased wongari (dingo) activity 10 September to 30 November 2020
- Central Station Redevelopment - Planned upgrade Central Station Cottage and Museum 1 July to 31 October 2020
- Dingo (Wongari) Seasonal Information - Whelping Season 20 October to 4 December 2020
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 15 Oct 2020
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.