Fraser Island World Heritage Area Indigenous Advisory Committee (FIWHAIAC)
The Indigenous Advisory Committee (IAC) provides advice to the Fraser Island World Heritage Area Management Committee on matters relating to the protection, conservation, presentation and management of the Fraser Island World Heritage Area. It also protects the rights and interests of Butchulla people, including participation in planning and management for the Fraser Island World Heritage Area, with negotiated outcomes that benefit Butchulla people.
Each family group within the Butchulla nation is invited to nominate one representative. Family groups recognised include Wondunna, Aldridge, Gala, Sandy Cape (Doolan), Owens, Gundy, Pickles and Broome. Committee positions are held for a period of three years.
- Partial closure - Bennetts Road 8–19 May 2021
- Park Alert-Tukkee Wurro (Indian Head) walking track temporary closure 22 June 2021
- Temporary closure of Wathumba and Teebing (Wathumba Spit) camping areas and Wathumba Road and Platypus Bay Road for wongari (dingo) management. 4 February to 30 June 2021
- Temporary closure of Beach camping zones 4 (Guluri, Eli) and 5 (Maheno, Wahba) due to increased wongari (dingo) activity 10 September 2020 to 16 June 2021
- Partial opening - K'gari (Fraser Island) Great Walk 27 April to 18 May 2021
- Smoke Alert - K'gari (Fraser Island) 19 April to 31 August 2021
- Dingo (Wongari) Seasonal Information - Breeding Season 1 March to 4 June 2021
- Warning - Marine stingers K'gari (Fraser Island) Great Sandy National Park 01 November to 31 May 1 November 2020 to 31 May 2021
- Beware crocodiles
- Be dingo-safe
- Beware marine stingers (jellyfish)
K'gari (Fraser Island) conditions report Updated 28 Apr 2021
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—always check it before you visit.