Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Visiting Kalpowar safely
From Monto travel 37km north-east on the Monto–Gladstone Road to the turn-off to Kalpowar State Forest. The gravel access road to the state forest is accessible by conventional vehicle, caravans and motor homes.
From Gin Gin travel 37km north-west on the Bruce Highway to the Kalpowar Road turn-off. Travel a further 50km to Kalpowar State Forest camping area turn off. From here it is a further 1.3km to the camping area.
- Ensure your vehicle is mechanically sound.
- Obey speend limits and road rules. All normal rules apply on forest tracks and roads.
- Watch out for the unexpected—slow down to allow time to react to changed road conditions.
- Avoid accessing roads in wet weather or when road is soft anf muddy.
- Observe and obey all safety signs.
- Quad bikes (ATV’s) are not permitted in State Forests.
In an emergency
In case of accident, other emergency or for reporting a bushfire or acts of arson, please:
- Call Triple Zero (000).
- Advise the location and nature of the emergency.
- Stay on the phone until you are told to hang up.
Mobile phone reception can be limited in the park. The closest hospital is Monto.