Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Camping in Kalpowar
Kalpowar camping area, located at the start of McNae Road, is accessible by unsealed roads that are suitable for conventional two-wheel-drive vehicles. The grassy camp site is located in an open forest setting.
Camping permits and fees apply. A camping tag with your booking must be displayed at your camp site.
- Rubbish bins are not provided at Kalpowar State Forest. Take all your rubbish out of the park for appropriate disposal.
- Dogs (on a leash) are permitted at Kalpowar State Forest, including the camping area.
- Bring a fuel stove for cooking. If you want to use the fire rings you will need to bring your own, clean, milled firewood. It is illegal to collect firewood from the forest.
Kalpowar camping area features a tranquil bush setting beside Crane Creek. The open grassy camp sites are suitable for families and large groups.
- Tent camping
- Caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Campfires allowed
- No showers
- No barbecue
- Picnic tables
- No wheelchair access
- Generators allowed (conditions apply)
- Dogs permitted (on leash)