Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
About Joseph Banks
Joseph Banks Conservation Park's rocky headland is bounded by ocean on the east and estuary to the west and provides magnificent views north across Eurimbula National Park to Bustard Head and Rodds Peninsula.
Read more about the park's nature, culture and history.
You can help protect the park and forest so it can be enjoyed now and in the future by observing these guidelines:
- Everything in the park (living or dead) is protected. Do not take or interfere with plants, animals, soil or rocks.
- Vehicles are not permitted on beaches.
- Take your rubbish home for appropriate disposal. No bins provided.
- Use toilets if available. If bush toileting, ensure all faecal matter and toilet paper is properly buried at least 15cm deep and 100m from tracks, camp sites and waterways. Bag and carry out disposable nappies and sanitary products.
- Do not put sanitary products, disposable nappies and cigarette butts in the toilet facilities.
- Waterways and the ocean should be kept free of all pollutants including soap, detergents, shampoo, sunscreens and food scraps.
- Contact the Queensland Government Wildlife Hotline to report: wildlife incidents, marine animal strike, marine stranding or an injured, sick or dead turtle, dolphin or whale.
See the guidelines for caring for parks for more information about protecting our environment and heritage in parks.
Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) manages Joseph Banks Conservation Park under the Nature Conservation Act 1992 to preserve and present important natural and cultural values in perpetuity.
Agnes Water Visitor Information Centre
71 Springs Road, Agnes Water QLD 4677
ph (07) 4902 1533
fax (07) 4902 1588
Gladstone Visitor Information Centre
Gladstone Marina Ferry Terminal
72 Bryan Jordan Drive, Gladstone QLD 4680
ph (07) 4972 9000
fax (07) 4972 5006
For tourism information for all regions in Queensland see Queensland Holidays.
The natural, cultural and historical significance of Joseph Banks
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.