North Jardine River camping area
North Jardine River camping area features sandy sites on the northern bank of the Jardine River, on Telegraph Road, 32km south of Injinoo.
Camping area facilities
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Generators allowed (conditions apply)
- Tent camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Tent camping beside car
Camping area features: sandy sites on the northern bank of the Jardine River.
Location: on the Telegraph Road, 32km south of Injinoo.
Access: the camping area can only be reached by four-wheel-drive vehicles and off-road campervans and camper trailers. It is not accessible for caravans or conventional buses.
Number of sites: six numbered sites.
|Site||Camp size||Other comments|
|1||Maximum two car and trailers (six people).||Beside the old Jardine River crossing.|
|2||Maximum four cars and trailers (10 people).||Beside the old Jardine River crossing.|
|3||Maximum two car and trailers (six people).||Elevated site looking over the Jardine River.|
|4||Maximum two car and trailers (six people).||Elevated site looking over the Jardine River.|
|5||Maximum two car and trailers (six people).||On the edge of a sandbar, near the Jardine River.|
|6||Maximum three cars and trailers (eight people).||Near the old telegraph line crossing of the Jardine River.|
Camp sites are suitable for: tents or off-road camper trailers.
Camp site surface: dirt.
Open fires: allowed (except when fire bans apply) in existing fireplaces only. Do not collect firewood from the national park. Fuel stoves are recommended.
Generators: generators that operate at a noise level less than 65dB(A) at 7m are permitted.
Essentials to bring: adequate food and drinking water, rubbish bags, insect repellent, screened tents or mosquito nets, a fuel stove, adequate fuel and spare parts for your vehicle. Read more about before you visit.
Mobile phone coverage: not available.
- Road conditions on Old Telegraph Track: South Jardine River camping area, Jardine River National Park 24 June to 10 August 2021
- Road access: North Jardine River camping area, Jardine River National Park 22 July to 29 October 2021
- Safety advice: Scrubby Creek crossing into Eliot Falls camping and day-use area, Heathlands Resources Reserve 23 December 2020 to 31 August 2021
- Temporary closure: camp site 4 Ussher Point camping area, Jardine River National Park 14 October 2020 to 23 December 2021