North Jardine River camping area
North Jardine River camping area features sandy sites on the northern bank of the Jardine River, on Telegraph Road, 32km south of Injinoo.
Camping area facilities
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Generators allowed (conditions apply)
- Tent camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Tent camping beside car
Camping area features: sandy sites on the northern bank of the Jardine River.
Location: on the Telegraph Road, 32km south of Injinoo.
Map: North and South Jardine River camping areas map
Access: the camping area can only be reached by four-wheel-drive vehicles and off-road campervans and camper trailers. It is not accessible for caravans or conventional buses.
Number of sites: six numbered sites.
|Site||Camp size||Other comments|
|1||Maximum two car and trailers (six people).||Beside the old Jardine River crossing.|
|2||Maximum four cars and trailers (10 people).||Beside the old Jardine River crossing.|
|3||Maximum two car and trailers (six people).||Elevated site looking over the Jardine River.|
|4||Maximum two car and trailers (six people).||Elevated site looking over the Jardine River.|
|5||Maximum two car and trailers (six people).||On the edge of a sandbar, near the Jardine River.|
|6||Maximum three cars and trailers (eight people).||Near the old telegraph line crossing of the Jardine River.|
Camp sites are suitable for: tents or off-road camper trailers.
Camp site surface: dirt.
Open fires: allowed (except when fire bans apply) in existing fireplaces only. Do not collect firewood from the national park. Fuel stoves are recommended.
Generators: generators that operate at a noise level less than 65dB(A) at 7m are permitted.
Essentials to bring: adequate food and drinking water, rubbish bags, insect repellent, screened tents or mosquito nets, a fuel stove, adequate fuel and spare parts for your vehicle. Read more about before you visit.
Bookings: book online or learn about our camping booking options prior to arrival.
Mobile phone coverage: not available.
Upcoming camping area availability
For more safety information see Visiting Jardine Heathlands safely and camp with care.
- Temporary closure: camp site 4 Ussher Point camping area, Apudthama National Park (CYPAL) 14 October 2020 to 15 December 2023
- Apudthama National Park (CYPAL) 9 September 2022 to 28 April 2023
- Safety advice: Scrubby Creek crossing into Eliot Falls camping and day-use area, Apudthama National Park (CYPAL) 23 December 2020 to 15 December 2023
- Temporary closure for protection zone burning: Eliot Falls camping and day-use area, Apudthama National Park (CYPAL) 19 December 2022 to 16 June 2023