Captain Billy Landing camping area
Captain Billy Landing camping area is located directly beside the beach, offering opportunities for beach walking and fishing.
Camping area facilities
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Toilets (non-flush)
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Tent camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Tent camping beside car
Camping area features: directly beside the beach, offering opportunities for beach walking and fishing.
Location: on the eastern extremity of Heathlands Resources Reserve, on the coast.
Map: Captain Billy Landing camping area map
Access: the camping area can only be reached by four-wheel-drive and off-road camper trailers. It is not accessible to caravans or conventional buses.
Number of sites: open area without separately defined sites, a maximum of eight vehicles and 18 people are allowed at any one time.
Camp sites are suitable for: tent camping beside your car and camper trailers.
Camp site surface: sand.
Facilities: hybrid toilet, individual and communal fire rings, picnic tables and a shelter.
Open fires: allowed (except when fire bans apply) in existing fireplaces only. Do not collect firewood from the national park. Fuel stoves are recommended.
Generators: not permitted.
Essentials to bring: adequate food and drinking water, rubbish bags, insect repellent, screened tents or mosquito nets, fuel stove, adequate fuel and spare parts for your vehicle. Read more about before you visit.
Bookings: book online or learn about our camping booking options prior to arrival.
Mobile phone coverage: not available.
Upcoming camping area availability
For more safety information see Visiting Jardine Heathlands safely and camp with care.
- Temporary closure: camp site 4 Ussher Point camping area, Apudthama National Park (CYPAL) 14 October 2020 to 15 December 2023
- Apudthama National Park (CYPAL) 9 September 2022 to 28 April 2023
- Safety advice: Scrubby Creek crossing into Eliot Falls camping and day-use area, Apudthama National Park (CYPAL) 23 December 2020 to 15 December 2023
- Temporary closure for protection zone burning: Eliot Falls camping and day-use area, Apudthama National Park (CYPAL) 19 December 2022 to 16 June 2023