Captain Billy Landing camping area
Captain Billy Landing camping area is located directly beside the beach, offering opportunities for beach walking and fishing.
Camping area facilities
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Toilets (non-flush)
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Tent camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Tent camping beside car
Camping area features: directly beside the beach, offering opportunities for beach walking and fishing.
Location: on the eastern extremity of Heathlands Resources Reserve, on the coast.
Access: the camping area can only be reached by four-wheel-drive and off-road camper trailers. It is not accessible to caravans or conventional buses.
Number of sites: open area without separately defined sites, a maximum of eight vehicles and 18 people are allowed at any one time.
Camp sites are suitable for: tent camping beside your car and camper trailers.
Camp site surface: sand.
Facilities: hybrid toilet, individual and communal fire rings, picnic tables and a shelter.
Open fires: allowed (except when fire bans apply) in existing fireplaces only. Do not collect firewood from the national park. Fuel stoves are recommended.
Generators: not permitted.
Essentials to bring: adequate food and drinking water, rubbish bags, insect repellent, screened tents or mosquito nets, fuel stove, adequate fuel and spare parts for your vehicle. Read more about before you visit.
Mobile phone coverage: not available.
- Temporary closure: camp site 4 Ussher Point camping area, Jardine River National Park 14 October 2020 to 15 December 2022
- Apudthama National Park (CYPAL) 9 September to 7 October 2022
- Safety advice: Scrubby Creek crossing into Eliot Falls camping and day-use area, Heathlands Resources Reserve 23 December 2020 to 15 December 2022