This vast, remote wilderness, encompassing much of the catchment of the Jardine River, is rich in Aboriginal and European cultural heritage.
About 900km north of Cairns, on the tip of Cape York Peninsula.
The Aboriginal Traditional Owners from the Atambaya, Angkamuthi, Yadhaykenu, Gudang and Wuthathi language and social groups welcome you to their country and ask that you respect their special place.
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Generators allowed (conditions apply)
- Park office
- Picnic tables
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Tent camping
- Camper trailer camping
Highlights and announcements
- Wet season closure: North and South Jardine and Eliot Falls camping areas, Jardine River National Park and Heathlands Resources Reserve 28 January to 31 May 2021
- Temporary closure: camp site 4 Ussher Point camping area, Jardine River National Park 14 October 2020 to 23 December 2021
- Safety advice: Scrubby Creek crossing into Eliot Falls camping and day-use area, Heathlands Resources Reserve 23 December 2020 to 31 May 2021