Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
This vast, remote wilderness, encompassing much of the catchment of the Jardine River, is rich in Aboriginal and European cultural heritage.
About 900km north of Cairns, on the tip of Cape York Peninsula.
The Aboriginal Traditional Owners from the Atambaya, Angkamuthi, Yadhaykenu, Gudang and Wuthathi language and social groups welcome you to their country and ask that you respect their special place.
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Generators allowed (conditions apply)
- Park office
- Picnic tables
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Caravan, camper trailer, campervan sites
Highlights and announcements
Access to Eliot Falls camping and day-use area is via the Overland Telegraph Track and involves crossing Scrubby Creek.
The department is seeking volunteers to work as campground hosts at Eliot Falls, Heathlands Resources Reserve. Volunteers camp free in return for helping maintain the camping area facilities.
- Temporary closure: camp site 4 Ussher Point camping area, Jardine River National Park 14 October to 31 December 2020
- Safety advice: Scrubby Creek crossing into Eliot Falls camping and day-use area, Heathlands Resources Reserve 15 May to 22 December 2020