This vast, remote wilderness, encompassing much of the catchment of the Jardine River, is rich in Aboriginal and European cultural heritage.
About 900km north of Cairns, on the tip of Cape York Peninsula.
The Aboriginal Traditional Owners from the Atambaya, Angkamuthi, Yadhaykenu, Gudang and Wuthathi language and social groups welcome you to their country and ask that you respect their special place.
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Generators allowed (conditions apply)
- Park office
- Picnic tables
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Tent camping
- Camper trailer camping
Highlights and announcements
- Temporary closure: camp site 4 Ussher Point camping area, Apudthama National Park (CYPAL) 14 October 2020 to 15 December 2023
- Temporary closure for protection zone burning: Eliot Falls camping and day-use area, Apudthama National Park (CYPAL) 19 December 2022 to 16 June 2023
- Apudthama National Park (CYPAL) 9 September 2022 to 28 July 2023
- Safety advice: Scrubby Creek crossing into Eliot Falls camping and day-use area, Apudthama National Park (CYPAL) 23 December 2020 to 15 December 2023