Camping in Imbil
Imbil State Forest’s Charlie Moreland camping area, on Sunday Creek Road, is accessible by conventional two-wheel-drive vehicles.
Camping permits are required and fees apply. A camping tag with your booking number must be displayed at your camp site.
- Rubbish bins are not provided in Imbil State Forest. Take all your rubbish out of the park for appropriate disposal. The nearest refuse transfer station is at the end of Cambroon Lane, 1km north of Kenilworth township, off the Kenilworth–Brooloo Road. Open Saturday and Sunday 8 am to 1pm.
- Domestic animals, including horses, are not permitted in the camping area. Horses are only permitted on shared trails and roads in the State forest, and in the large enclosed paddock provided beside the camping area.
Pitch your tent and do as much or as little as you choose at this scenic camp beside Little Yabba Creek.
- Tent camping
- Caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- Campfires allowed
- No showers
- No barbecue
- No picnic tables
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- No generators allowed
- No dogs permitted
- Mt Allan fire tower closed to climbing 5 July 2021 to 5 January 2022
- Reduced camper numbers due to low creek levels and poor water quality. 8 October to 25 December 2021