Camping in Herberton Range
Camping is only permitted in various locations throughout Baldy Mountain Forest Reserve. Minimal impact camping guidelines must be followed and restrictions apply—see park-specific conditions for details.
Dogs are not permitted to camp overnight in the forest reserve.
Camping permits are required and fees apply. A camping tag with your booking number must be displayed at your camp site.
Camping is not permitted in Herberton Range National Park, Herberton Range Conservation Park and Herberton Range State Forest.
- Vehicles must remain adjacent to formed roads.
- Vehicle-based camps must be established adjacent to formed roads.
- No camping along the Herberton Range ridge road or in the area of the Atherton Forest Mountain Bike Park.
This bush camping area is located throughout the Baldy Mountain Forest Reserve.
- Tent camping
- No caravan camping
- Camper trailer camping
- No campfires
- No toilets
- No showers
- No barbecue
- No picnic tables
- No wheelchair access
- No generators allowed
- No dogs permitted
- Herberton Range Ridge Road, Mount Wallum Road, and Mount Baldy Western Break all closed 20 April to 18 May 2021
- Temporary trail closures due to maintenance: Atherton Forest Mountain Bike Park 24 March to 21 May 2021