Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
About Mackay Highlands Great Walk
- Impressive natural areas, including Eungella and Homevale national parks, and Crediton State Forest.
- Rugged mountainous terrain and stunning scenery—dense rainforest, deep gorges, steep escarpments and tranquil farming communities.
- A nature lover's paradise in Eungella National Park with 860 plant species and a great variety of wildlife.
- An insight into the area's history of forestry and cattle farming.
- Walks—something to suit everyone. Take a family stroll or a half-day walking challenge. Stay longer to complete the total 56 km walk (3–5 days).
Mackay Visitor Information Centre
The Mill, 320 Nebo Road, Mackay Qld 4740
ph (07) 4944 5888 or 1300 130 001
fax (07) 4952 2034
For tourism information for all regions in Queensland see Queensland Holidays.