Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
About the K'gari (Fraser Island) Great Walk
- Amazing scenery including towering rainforest, crystal-clear lakes, coloured sands and vast sand dunes.
- Visit iconic sites such as Lake McKenzie, Wanggoolba Creek, Lake Wabby and Central Station.
- Ever-changing landscapes including coastal heathland, mangrove forest, woodland and subtropical rainforest.
- Walks—something to suit everyone. Take a short stroll with the family or choose a half-day or full-day walking challenge.
- Enjoy camping under the stars, away from the crowds—it takes 6–8 days to complete the total 90km from Dilli Village to Happy Valley.
Tourism Hervey Bay
Tourism Hervey Bay
Hervey Bay Visitor Information Centre
227 Maryborough–Hervey Bay Road QLD 4655
ph 1800 811 728
More information about K'gari is available on www.visitfrasercoast.com.
For tourism information for all regions in Queensland see Queensland Holidays.
Great Sandy Information Centre
240 Moorindil Street
Tewantin QLD 4565
ph (07) 5449 8320 (for over-the-phone purchases of all QPWS great walks topographic maps)
Open: 8am–4pm daily except Christmas day.
Rainbow Beach Road, Rainbow Beach
PO Box 44
Rainbow Beach QLD 4581
Open: 8am–4pm Monday–Friday except public holidays.
- K’gari (Fraser Island) RESTRICTED VISITOR ACCESS due to fires 27 November to 13 December 2020
- K'gari (Fraser Island) Great Walk advanced booking restriction 1 November 2020 to 28 February 2021
- K'gari (Fraser Island) Total Fire Prohibition 30 November to 7 December 2020
- Local fire ban in place for protected areas in Fraser Coast, Gympie, Noosa, Sunshine Coast areas 30 November to 7 December 2020
- Dingo (Wongari) Seasonal Information - Summer Season 1 December 2020 to 4 March 2021
- Warning - Marine stingers K'gari (Fraser Island) Great Sandy National Park 01 November to 31 May 1 November 2020 to 31 May 2021