Camping on the Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk
There are no Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) walkers’ camps in Lamington National Park.
Privately operated campgrounds are available adjacent to the Binna Burra section and within the Green Mountains section of the park.
For camping adjacent to the Binna Burra section, please call the privately-owned Binna Burra Mountain Lodge campground on (07) 5533 3622 to book a camp site.
Camping in the Green Mountains section is available at the O’Reilly’s Campground which has been upgraded as part of the Green Mountains Camping Area Ecotourism Revitalisation Project.
The QPWS provides a walkers’ camp at The Settlement camping area in Springbrook National Park. The Woonoongoora walkers’ camp is located on the City of Gold Coast Council's Springbrook Conservation Area. You can stay at each camp site for a maximum of two consecutive nights and your group should have no more than eight people.
- Camping permits are required and fees apply.
- A tag with your booking number must be displayed at your camp site.
- Book online or learn about our camping booking options.
Read the frequently asked questions information to learn more about the Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk and the surrounding area.
There is a range of holiday accommodation in and around Springbrook, Lamington, Beechmont and Numinbah.
For more information see the tourism information links.
Woonoongoora walkers' camp offers commanding views to the west featuring the cliffs of the Lamington Plateau.
- Tent camping
- No caravan camping
- No camper trailer camping
- No campfires
- No showers
- No barbecue
- No picnic tables
- No wheelchair access
- No generators allowed
- No dogs permitted
- Planned upgrades and reconstruction works - Lower Bellbird circuit. 5 January to 1 July 2022
- Wet weather access - Lamington National Park partially open. 23 February to 30 June 2022
- Planned upgrades - Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walks track. 26 April to 1 July 2022
- If it's flooded, forget it - even on our walking tracks 26 November 2021 to 1 July 2022