Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Camping on the Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk
There are no Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) walkers’ camps in Lamington National Park.
Privately operated campgrounds are available adjacent to the Binna Burra section and within the Green Mountains section of the park.
For camping adjacent to the Binna Burra section, please call the privately-owned Binna Burra Mountain Lodge campground on (07) 5533 3622 to book a camp site.
Camping in the Green Mountains section is available at the O’Reilly’s Campground which has been upgraded as part of the Green Mountains Camping Area Ecotourism Revitalisation Project.
The QPWS provides a walkers’ camp at The Settlement camping area in Springbrook National Park. The Woonoongoora walkers’ camp is located on the City of Gold Coast Council's Springbrook Conservation Area. You can stay at each camp site for a maximum of two consecutive nights and your group should have no more than eight people.
- Camping permits are required and fees apply.
- A tag with your booking number must be displayed at your camp site.
- Book online or learn about our camping booking options.
Read the frequently asked questions information to learn more about the Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk and the surrounding area.
There is a range of holiday accommodation in and around Springbrook, Lamington, Beechmont and Numinbah.
For more information see the tourism information links.
Woonoongoora walkers' camp offers commanding views to the west featuring the cliffs of the Lamington Plateau.
- Tent camping
- No caravan camping
- No camper trailer camping
- No campfires
- No showers
- No barbecue
- No picnic tables
- No wheelchair access
- No generators allowed
- No dogs permitted
- Storm damage - Lamington National Park partially open 16 December 2020 to 29 January 2021
- Annual seasonal closure period for all Lamington bush camping areas 1 December 2020 to 31 January 2021
- Binna Burra walking tracks partial closure 7 September 2019 to 1 February 2021