Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Girringun National Park is comprised of six sections—Blencoe Falls, Dalrymple Gap track, Mount Fox, Princess Hills, Wairuna and Wallaman. Take in the spectacular views of Wallaman Falls, Australia’s highest single-drop waterfall. Or experience the sites and sounds of Blencoe Falls as they race towards the Herbert River. Follow in the footsteps of the early European explorers and hike the 10km Dalrymple Gap walking track. Or take a steep climb up the conical-shaped, ancient volcano known as Mount Fox and enjoy views of the crater and surrounding Kangaroo Hills countryside. The spectacular Herbert River plunges over a rockface to form Herbert River Falls, on the edge of the park at Princess Hills.
Blencoe Falls is about 84km north-west of Cardwell; the Dalrymple Gap walking track is about 13km south of Cardwell; Mount Fox is about 75km south-west of Ingham; Princess Hills is about 124km south-east of Mount Garnet; Wairuna is about 120km south-east of Mount Garnet; Wallaman Falls is about 51km south-west of Ingham.
- Barbecue (wood/fuel/coin)
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- World Heritage
- Temporary closure for feral animal control involving aerial shooting: Wairuna section of Girringun National Park 20–23 October 2020
- Temporary closure: Wallaman Falls camping and day-use area, Girringun National Park 2–28 November 2020
- Temporary closure Blencoe Falls lookout, Girringun National Park 26–30 October 2020