Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Girringun National Park is comprised of six sections—Blencoe Falls, Dalrymple Gap track, Mount Fox, Princess Hills, Wairuna and Wallaman. Take in the spectacular views of Wallaman Falls, Australia’s highest single-drop waterfall. Or experience the sites and sounds of Blencoe Falls as they race towards the Herbert River. Follow in the footsteps of the early European explorers and hike the 10km Dalrymple Gap walking track. Or take a steep climb up the conical-shaped, ancient volcano known as Mount Fox and enjoy views of the crater and surrounding Kangaroo Hills countryside. The spectacular Herbert River plunges over a rockface to form Herbert River Falls, on the edge of the park at Princess Hills.
- Barbecue (wood/fuel/coin)
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Tent camping
- Camper trailer camping
- World Heritage
- Wet season closure: Dalrymple Gap walking track, Girringun National Park 8 January to 31 March 2021
- Wet season closure: Wairuna section, Girringun National Park 1 December 2020 to 31 March 2021
- Wet season closure: Princess Hills section, Girringun National Park 1 December 2020 to 31 March 2021
- Wet season closure: Wet Tropics Great Walk, Girringun National Park 1 December 2020 to 31 March 2021