Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Visiting Fort Lytton safely
From central Brisbane: travel east along Lytton Road. Drive through the Hemmant Industrial area, then swing left to South Street and through the gate to Fort Lytton.
From Wynnum: drive west to the end of Tingal Road, left into Pritchard Street towards Brisbane and right into South Street to the park entrance.
- For more information about when to visit, please see opening hours.
There are wheelchair-accessible toilets. The grass pathways and fortifications at Fort Lytton are not easily accessible for wheelchairs or strollers. Contact us for further information about accessibility.
For information, please read the guidelines on safety in parks and forests.
Essentials to bring
Wear a hat and sunscreen while walking around the site.
If you plan to have a barbecue, bring a portable gas barbecue, as open fires are not permitted in the park.
- Fort Lytton is open to the general public every Sunday, and most public holidays, from 10am to 4pm. The park is closed Saturdays. Entry is free and bookings are not necessary unless a specific time-slot for a tour is required. The first tour is at 10:30 am and the last tour is at 2pm. Tours take approximately 90 minutes.
- Fort Lytton is closed to the general public on weekdays, but group tours can be arranged. Bookings are essential and fees apply.
- To make a tour booking please contact us or the Brisbane Visitor Information Centre.
- For more information about the guided tours see things to do.
- Sundays: free entry, no bookings necessary unless a specific time-slot is required for a tour. See opening hours for tour times.
- Weekdays: Adult $6.65, child $3.65, concession $3.65, family $20.90 (Note: bookings are essential for weekday visits).
Domestic animals are not permitted in Fort Lytton National Park.
Climate and weather
Brisbane enjoys a mild, subtropical climate. The average daily temperature range is 22 to 30°C in summer and 12 to 22°C in winter. For more information see tourism information links.
Fuel and supplies
Tea, coffee and souvenirs are available at the visitor information centre run by volunteer guides at Fort Lytton. Fuel and supplies are available in Brisbane. For more information see tourism information links.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.