Woodland walking track
A steep walk to the Earl Hill summit, providing stunning views over Double Island and Buchan Point to the north and Yarrabah Range to the south.
- Journey type
- 3.6km return from the trailhead at the corner of Flagship Drive and Roberts Drive.
- Time suggested
- Allow 2hr walking time return
- Grade 3 walking track
- Lookout (natural)
Starting at the trailhead near the corner of Roberts Drive and Flagship Drive in Trinity Park, this steep walking track climbs to the Earl Hill summit. Your reward at the summit is stunning views over Double Island and Buchan Point to the north and Yarrabah Range to the south. Benches along the track offer a place to rest and enjoy the view.
Getting there and getting around
The Woodland walking track is located in Earl Hill Conservation Park, approximately 20km north of Cairns city centre.
Access into the park is by foot only.
- The Woodland walking track starts at the trailhead near the corner of Roberts Drive and Flagship Drive, Trinity Park. Refer to the map .
- Follow the Woodland walking track for 1.8km to Earl Hill summit and return via the same route. You can also return via the more difficult Grade 5 Lizard walking track (suitable for fit and experienced walkers).
- The Woodland walking track can be used in combination with the Rainforest walking track, Cycad walking track and local council walking pathway to complete a circuit. Refer to the map.
Please see Earl Hill Conservation Park map for more information.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Woodlands walking track is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting Earl Hill safely and Walk with care.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.