Rainforest walking track
Branching off the Woodland walking track, the Rainforest walking track heads to the eastern section of the park to the Trinity Beach lookout.
- Journey type
- 4km return from the trailhead at the corner of Flagship Drive and Roberts Drive.
- Time suggested
- Allow 2hr walking time return
- Grade 3 walking track
- Lookout (natural)
The Rainforest walking track branches off the Woodland walking track and heads to the eastern section of the park to the Trinity Beach lookout. Enjoy views of Trinity Beach and Double Island to the north and the Yarrabah Range to the south.
Getting there and getting around
The Rainforest walking track is located in Earl Hill Conservation Park, approximately 20km north of Cairns city centre.
Access into the park is by foot only.
- We recommend you start the walk at the trailhead located near the corner of Roberts Drive and Flagship Drive, Trinity Park. Refer to the map .
- Follow the Woodland walking track for 1.1km to a signed junction and turn right onto the Rainforest walking track. This track ends at the Trinity Beach lookout. Return the way you came.
- The Rainforest walking track can be used in combination with the Woodland walking track, Cycad walking track and local council walking pathway to complete a circuit. Refer to map .
- The Rainforest walk can also be accessed from the eastern trailhead located at the start of the Cycad palm walking track via Half Moon Bay beach.
- Follow the Cycad palm walking track for 700m to a signed junction and turn left onto the Rainforest walking track.
Please see Earl Hill Conservation Park map for more information.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Dalrymple circuit is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting Earl Hill safely and Walk with care.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.