Lizard walking track
Only suitable for very experienced and fit walkers, the Lizard walking track provides a more difficult alternative to the Woodland walking track, up to the Earl Hill summit.
- Journey type
- 3.2km return from the trailhead at the corner of Flagship Drive and Roberts Drive.
- Time suggested
- Allow 2hr return walking time
- Grade 5 walking track
- Lookout (natural)
The Lizard walking track branches off the Woodland walking track and is a steeper and more difficult alternative to the Woodland walking track to the Earl Hill summit. From the summit enjoy views over Double Island and Buchan Point to the north and Yarrabah Range to the south. This track is only suitable for very experienced and fit walkers and can only be accessed from the Woodland walking track.
Getting there and getting around
The Lizard walking track is located in Earl Hill Conservation Park, approximately 20km north of Cairns city centre.
Access into the park is by foot only.
- We recommend you start the walk at the trailhead located near the corner of Roberts Drive and Flagship Drive, Trinity Park. Refer to the map .
- The Lizard walking track starts by following the Woodland walking track for 1.4km to a signed junction, turn left onto the Lizard walking track. This track ends at Earl Hill summit. Return the way you came. You can also return via the Woodland walking track.
Please see Earl Hill Conservation Park map for more information.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Lizard walking track is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.