Cycad palm walking track
Starting from the eastern trailhead accessed via Half Moon Bay Beach and a steep set of stairs, this track takes you through cycad groves and past beautiful ocean views up to the Trinity Beach lookout.
- Journey type
- 1.4km return from eastern trailhead
- Time suggested
- Allow 50min walking time return
- Grade 4 walking track
The Cycad palm walking track starts at the trailhead accessed via Half Moon Bay Beach. The track is steep with many steps and weaves through cycad palm groves and past beautiful ocean views as you walk up to the Trinity Beach lookout. Be rewarded with sweeping views over Trinity Beach and Double Island to the north and Yarrabah Range to the south.
Getting there and getting around
The Cycad palm walking track is located in Earl Hill Conservation Park, approximately 20km north of Cairns city centre.
Access into the park is by foot only.
- We recommend you start the Cycad palm walking track from the eastern trailhead at the top of the stairs on Half Moon Bay Beach. Refer to the map .
- Starting from the Cairns Regional Council public boat ramp car park near the corner of Reed Road and Roberts Drive, follow the local council pathway 600m east along Reed Road to Half Moon Bay beach. Walk 300m north along the beach to the stairs that start the Cycad walking track.
- Follow the Cycad palm walking track 700m to a signed junction where it meets the Rainforest walking track. Continue straight ahead a further 50m to the Trinity Beach lookout. Return via the same route.
- The Cycad walking track can be used in combination with the Rainforest walking track, Woodland walking track and local council walking pathway to complete a circuit. Refer to the map. If completing the Cycad palm walking track as part of a circuit it is easiest to complete it in a clockwise direction starting from the trailhead on the corner of Flagship Drive and Roberts Drive.
Please see Earl Hill Conservation Park map for more information.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Cycad palm walking track is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.