Curri Curri bush camping
Load up the boat and escape the crowds at your own secluded camp site on the banks of Lake Tinaroo.
- Canoe or kayak
Camping area facilities
- Anchoring allowed
- Campfires allowed (conditions apply)
- Tent camping
- Short walk to tent
- Canoeing and kayaking
The self-service kiosk at this park has been decommissioned.
After a day fishing, swimming and waterskiing you’ll be ready to relax at your private waterside camp site. Pull the boat up and settle into your camp chair to watch the sunset colours spread across the sky. When night falls, relax around the campfire and gaze across at the twinkling lights of Tinaroo.
This area is home to loads of nocturnal wildlife, so grab your torch and see if you can spot possums, gliders, owls and insects. Train your light on the water’s edge and you’re likely to see fish, redclaw and other yabbies.
Getting there and getting around
Curri Curri bush camping area is in Danbulla State Forest, on the central part of the Atherton Tableland, 70km (1.5hr) from Cairns.
- The camping area is accessible only by boat and the nearest boat ramps are at Black Gully Road and Church Street in the Tinaroo township. See visiting Danbulla safely for directions to boat ramps.
- Camp site 2 is 2km east of the Church Street boat ramp and 2.1km north-east of the Black Gully Road boat ramp.
- Camp sites 3 to 6 are along the coast, south of camp site 2.
For more information see visiting safely—getting there and getting around.
Before you visit
- Curri Curri bush camping area is open 24 hours a day. Check-in to your camp after 2pm and check-out by 11am on the day of departure.
Camping area features
- Access: the camping area is accessible only by boat and the nearest boat ramps are at Black Gully Road and Church Street in the Tinaroo township. See visiting Danbulla safely for directions to boat ramps.
- Map: Curri Curri bush camping map
- Number of sites: 5 numbered sites
- Camp site surface: grass.
- Facilities: individual fire rings.
- Open fires: allowed (except when fire bans apply) in fire rings only.
- Generators: not permitted.
- Essentials to bring: Drinking water and insect repellent. Bring your own or buy firewood before entering the park. Read more about before you visit.
- Bookings: book online or learn about our camping booking options.
- Mobile phone coverage: generally available.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
|Camp site number||Suitable for||Capacity (number of people)|