Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Rex Creek Bridge track
Meander through lush rainforest to a gently swaying suspension bridge spanning the cascading waters of Rex Creek.
- Journey type
- 460m one way A path where the start point is different to the finish point
- Time suggested
- Allow 10min walking time.
- Moderate (walk)
- Conventional vehicle
- Photo credit: Robert Ashdown © Queensland Government
- Photo credit: Maxime Coquard © Queensland Government
Are you brave enough? Step onto this swaying bridge suspended across Rex Creek, near where it joins the Mossman River, and stride (or tiptoe) to the other side. From the bridge, watch the clear waters cascading over rocks below and try to spot fish and turtles in the quieter pools.
This park is part of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area, famed for its exceptional natural beauty, outstanding examples of the record of life, evolutionary history and remarkable diversity.
Getting there and getting around
The Rex Creek Bridge track is in the Mossman Gorge section of Daintree National Park, about 80km north of Cairns.
- From Cairns drive 80km north along the Captain Cook Highway then just before Mossman town centre, turn left into Johnston Road and continue for 2km to the Mossman Gorge Centre near the entrance to the Mossman Gorge section of the park.
- Electric shuttle buses operate daily from the centre (every 15min from 8am–6pm) transporting visitors on a 2km journey into the park.
- Private vehicles are not permitted in the park from 8am to 6pm daily, but can access the park before 8am and after 6pm. You can walk or cycle to the park at any time.
- From the shuttle bus stop/car park in Mossman Gorge, take the Baral Marrjanga track then turn onto the Rex Creek bridge track.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Rex Creek Bridge track is open 24 hours a day.
This track may be closed at times due to localised flooding or for track maintenance during the wet season.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.