Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Baral Marrjanga track
Spot spectacular butterflies as you amble along an elevated boardwalk through the ancient rainforest of Mossman Gorge.
- Journey type
- 270m one way A path where the start point is different to the finish point
- Time suggested
- Allow 10mins walking time.
- Easy (walk)
- View map
- Conventional vehicle
- Lookout (constructed)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Photo credit: Mike Prociv © Queensland Government
- Photo credit: Maxime Coquard © Queensland Government
Meander amongst the lower rainforest canopy on elevated boardwalks from the Mossman Gorge day-use area. Suitable for strollers, wheelchairs or just an easy stroll, enjoy spotting brilliantly-coloured butterflies in the rainforest canopy along the way. We don’t recommend joining them though—at times it can be dangerous to swim here.
From the lookout, gaze over the Mossman River with its scenic backdrop of mountain ranges. Feel rejuvenated as you watch cool river waters tumble and swirl around massive granite boulders. Look for jungle perch and saw-shelled turtles in the river below.
This park is part of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area, famed for its exceptional natural beauty, outstanding examples of the record of life, evolutionary history and remarkable diversity.
Getting there and getting around
Baral Marrjanga track is in the Mossman Gorge section of Daintree National Park.
- This track begins from the shuttle bus stop and car park in Mossman Gorge
- From Cairns drive 80km north along the Captain Cook Highway then just before Mossman town centre, turn left into Johnston Road and continue for 2km to the Mossman Gorge Centrenear the entrance to the Mossman Gorge section of the park.
- Electric shuttle buses operate daily from the centre (every 15mins from 8am–6pm) transporting visitors on a 2km journey into the park.
- Private vehicles are not permitted in the park from 8am to 6pm daily, but can access the park before 8am and after 6pm. You can walk or cycle to the park at any time.
The track is suitable for wheelchairs, strollers and the vision-impaired.
Before you visit
Baral Marrjanga track is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
- Closure: Mossman Gorge, Daintree National Park 25 June to 19 July 2020