Dubuji day-use area
Relax in the shade and enjoy a picnic in this pleasant grassy area surrounded by tropical lowland rainforest, near Myall Beach.
- Conventional vehicle
- Toilets (flush)
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
- Photo credit: Deb Simmons © Queensland Government
- Photo credit: Robert Ashdown © Queensland Government
This large grassy day-use area at Dubuji (meaning ‘place of spirits’) is a great spot for taking time out, relaxing in the shade and deciding what to do next. Will you choose tropical lowland rainforest and mangrove swamps or a glorious white beach? Why not do both? The Dubuji boardwalk starts here, and Myall Beach is close by.
This is a great area to spot the iconic Ulysses butterfly. If a picnic is on your agenda, set up in one of the shelters or find a shady tree, and re-energise for the next part of your Daintree adventure.
This park is part of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area, famed for its exceptional natural beauty, outstanding examples of the record of life, evolutionary history and remarkable diversity.
Getting there and getting around
The Dubuji day-use area is in the Cape Tribulation section of Daintree National Park, 100–150km north of Cairns.
- From Cairns, drive 104km north along the Captain Cook Highway to the entrance to the Cape Tribulation section of the park at the Daintree River crossing.
- The Daintree ferry operates 6.00am–midnight every day with a reduced service on Christmas Day and occasional breaks in service for mechanical repairs or during flooding.
- From the Daintree ferry, drive 49km north along the Cape Tribulation Road and pull into the Dubuji car park, 5km past Noah Beach.
Dubuji picnic area and boardwalk are wheelchair accessible.
Before you visit
Dubuji day-use area is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting Cape Tribulation safely.
- Temporary partial closures of some facilities: Cape Tribulation, Daintree National Park 1 June to 16 August 2021
- Temporary partial closure: Jindalba boardwalk, Cape Tribulation, Daintree National Park. 19 February to 11 August 2021