Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Bike or hike the challenging Audax loop and discover magnificent forest landscapes and epic views over England Creek catchment.
- Journey type
- Walk, cycle
- 25km circuit The same start and finish point, but the traveller doesn’t return along the same path
- Conventional vehicle
Perfect for hikers and mountain bike riders, this spectacular mountainous trail ventures through the southern section of D'Aguilar National Park.
Discover open eucalypt forest, subtropical rainforest and beautiful palm groves flourishing on the range. Climb to the top of Northbrook Mountain and marvel at views over England Creek catchment.
Make it a real adventure and spend the night next to a babbling creek at England Creek bush camp, or looking out over spectacular vistas from Northbrook Mountain bush map, both conveniently located along the trail.
Read on for more information about the mountain bike trail network.
Getting there and getting around
The Audax loop is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, 42km from Brisbane's city centre.
- Access to this trail is via two routes leaving from Maiala, 30km from Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre along Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) and 19km from Samford via Mount Glorious Road.
- Access roads are sealed and accessible by 2WD.
- The loop can be completed in either direction, although anticlockwise is best.
- Starting opposite the main day-use area at Maiala, follow the Western Window track past Western Window and down the steep stairs to a track junction.
- Turn right onto the Westside track and walk to the intersection of Lawton Road.
- Turn left onto Lawton Road, then left onto England Creek Road to England Creek bush camp.
- Continue walking before turning left onto Joyners Ridge Road, then follow signs to return to Maiala via the Westside track.
- Starting at Maiala, travel 2km north-west along Mount Glorious Road before turning left onto Lawton Road.
- Wind your way up to Northbrook Mountain before turning left onto England Creek Road and descending to England Creek bush camp.
- From here, the trail climbs up England Creek Road before turning left and continuing up Joyners Ridge Road to Mount Glorious Road.
- Return to your starting point at Maiala, 200m north-west along Mount Glorious Road.
There are no wheelchair-accessible facilities.
Before you visit
Audax loop is open 24 hours a day.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see:
- Camp Mountain day-use area closed for repairs 1–3 February 2021
- Jollys Lookout closed for repairs 4–5 February 2021
- Camp Mountain day-use area closed for repairs 8–10 February 2021
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 30 June 2021
- Boombana toilet facility closed 15 December 2020 to 31 March 2021