Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
White Cedar day-use area
Nestled within a circle of mountains, this day-use area is a lovely place to enjoy a leisurely lunch and some creek-side frolicking.
- Conventional vehicle
- Toilets (flush)
- Wood-fired barbecue (BYO wood)
- Picnic tables (some sheltered)
- Wheelchair access (may require assistance)
With its open, grassy area, lace-leaved white cedars and a trickling stream, this day-use area is a wonderful place to stop and enjoy the peaceful scenery.
Set out a picnic feast or fire up the barbecue and fill the air with delicious smoky aromas. In spring, smell the intoxicating chocolate scent bursting from white cedar flowers. Lie back on the luxurious grass and watch as Monarch butterflies flutter by.
Kick off your shoes and dip your toes in the cool creek water, or follow the creek on foot for a rock-hop adventure.
Keep your eye out for Pacific bazas and variegated fairy-wrens feeding on insects from tree to tree.
Getting there and getting around
White Cedar day-use area is in the South D'Aguilar section of D'Aguilar National Park, about 55km from Brisbane's city centre. It is north-west of Mount Glorious, on the drive to Lake Wivenhoe.
Access roads are all sealed and accessible by 2WD.
- From the Brisbane suburb of The Gap, take Mount Nebo Road (tourist route number 8) to Walkabout Creek Discovery Centre.
- Continue north-west along Mount Nebo Road and Northbrook Parkway for 45km to the White Cedar day-use area turn-off.
- Alternatively, drive 35km from Samford village via Mount Glorious Road and Northbrook Parkway to the White Cedar day-use area turn-off.
- From the south-west, drive 29km from Fernvale via Wivenhoe-Somerset Road and Northbrook Parkway to the White Cedar day-use area turn-off.
- From the turn-off, drive into White Cedar car park. The day-use area is located next to the car park.
There are wheelchair-accessible toilets, picnic tables and parking spaces. Assistance may be required.
Before you visit
White Cedar day-use area is open 24 hours a day
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.
For more safety information see Visiting D'Aguilar National Park safely.
- Maiala day-use area, partial closure for maintenance works 18–22 January 2021
- Bellbird Grove day use area closed for upgrades 31 August 2020 to 25 January 2021
- Mill rainforest walking track closed due to storm damage 5 January to 31 December 2021
- AK Break closed pending maintenance 5 January to 31 December 2021
- Westside track partial closure 15 December 2020 to 30 June 2021
- Boombana toilet facility closed 15 December 2020 to 31 March 2021
- Covid-19 park access restrictions eased 11–22 January 2021