Visiting Currimundi safely
The park is on Currimundi Lake’s northern shore, 4 km north of Caloundra. Travel on the Nicklin Way, at Wurtulla turn east into Gayandi Street, then right into Mandara Drive and left into Coongarra Esplanade.
A small section of the Heath circuit walking track is sealed and suitable for wheelchair access. It leads through woodland to a viewing point that looks over Lake Currimundi.
The Sunshine Coast Regional Council’s Coastal Pathway around the edge of the park is also suitable for wheelchairs.
There are picnic facilities and wheelchair accessible toilets at Crummunda Park, a Sunshine Coast Regional Council park adjoining the conservation park on Coongarra Esplanade.
- Never walk alone; always walk with a group and walk in daylight hours only.
- Stay on marked walking tracks. This area was used for military purposes during World War II and may contain unexploded ammunition.
- Swimming here is not recommended unless a Surf Life Saving patrol is present. Currimundi Beach is patrolled on weekends from September to April. For more information contact Sunshine Coast Regional Council or visit their lifeguards service website.
- While visiting the park, please ensure that you lock your vehicle and remove all valuables, including garage remote controls. Do not leave valuables unattended.
For more information, please read the guidelines on safety in parks and forests.
Essentials to bring
- Bring adequate drinking water, a first-aid kit, insect repellent and a mobile phone.
- For walking, wear suitable shoes, sunscreen, a hat and long-sleeved shirt.
- Bring a camera and binoculars for viewing wildlife.
For your safety, walk in Currimundi Lake (Kathleen McArthur) Conservation Park in daylight hours only.
Domestic animals are not permitted within Currimundi Lake (Kathleen McArthur) Conservation Park.
Climate and weather
The Sunshine Coast enjoys a mild, subtropical climate with an average daily temperature range of 21°C to 29°C in summer and 10°C to 21°C in winter. For more information see the tourism information links.
Fuel and supplies
The nearest fuel and supplies are available at Currimundi Market Place on Nicklin Way, Currimundi, a short drive from the park. For more information see the tourism information links.
- There are currently no park alerts for this park.