Latest COVID-19 impacts—Qld national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
About Conway circuit
Keep waterways clean
Look after the waterways. Soap, detergent, skin creams, urine and food scraps affect water purity.
- Do not use detergents, toothpaste or soap in waterways.
- Use hot water and a scourer to clean dishes.
- Bathe and wash dishes and clothes at least 50m from waterways.
- Use toilets before swimming.
Use a fuel stove only
- Open fires are prohibited.
- Carry fuel (gas or liquid spirit) stoves for cooking.
- Do not leave stoves unattended when lit.
- Use existing sites at the camping areas.
- Do not dig trenches or flatten, or break, any vegetation.
- Leave your site in the same or better condition than you found it.
- Check your site thoroughly before leaving to ensure nothing is left behind.
- Always try to use toilets where available.
- Toilets can be found at both bush camps along the Conway circuit.
- To help the treatment process, do not place any rubbish or sanitary items into toilets.
- Close the lid after use.
- Where there are no toilets, bury human waste and the soiled toilet paper about 50cm deep and at least 100m from camp sites, tracks and waterways.
- Take all sanitary items with you—they do not decompose.
- There are no rubbish bins on the Conway circuit.
- Reduce your rubbish by bringing as little packaging as possible.
- Please bring out all your rubbish and dispose of it properly.
- Solid waste and litter is unsightly and can injure and kill wildlife.
- Keep the camp clean—pick up even tiny pieces of packaging and cigarette butts.
Things to remember
- Stay on the trail—shortcuts cause erosion and can lead to dead ends.
- Leave your pets at home. You will protect your pet and native wildlife, and meet more animals on your walk.
- Never feed or leave food for animals—you might be bitten or scratched.
- Our foods can be harmful, so let animals find their own food.
For tourism information for all regions in Queensland see Queensland Holidays.
- Dryander National Park, Conway National Park, Conway Circuit and Cape Upstart National Park prohibition on lighting fires in the open 24 November to 1 December 2020
- Conway National Park and Dryander National Park feral animal management program 16 November to 25 December 2020
- Conway National Park, Dryander National Park, Dryander State Forest and Dryander Forest Reserve Feral Animal Management Program 16 November 2020 to 16 November 2021